Re: Car Covers

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car Covers
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:45:15 -0800
There are at least 3 major categories, each category has several versions,

indoor dust covers - very thin, not really meant for outdoor use

outdoor water 'resistant' covers - there are a bunch of these available,
most are breathable but not waterproof. Usually cost between $50 & $100.

outdoor waterproof -  usually the most expensive. What you want to look for
is 'breathable' and waterproof. Be prepared to spend well over $100.

Good luck ... Ken C

>Subject: Car Covers

> Listers,
>
> Does anyone want to share their opinions about "Car Covers"?
>
> I just recently finished a restoration of my wife's VW Beetle and I would
> like to get it out of the garage so I can work on my Spitfire.  The VW has
> new paint job and would have to be parked outside in the Pacific
Northwest.