Alternator solved

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator solved
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 17:34:08 -0000 (GMT)
Hi listers.

Thanks to everyone that helped in my with my alternator problems. Turns
out that is was a dodgy diode on the rectifier.

Now the alternators fixed, at idle I get 14 volts - with everything on!
The headlights can now litrally dazzle onlookers. Worth every penny...

Any UK listers who's alternator needs replacing, I highly recommend you
get down the scrappy and pick up an A127... (one side effect of using the
scrapyard - all the metros and rover 200 series' I see now on the road
turn in to alternators....) ...it's a straight swap... as for
originality... Lucas would have wanted it this way... :)

James