Heater Valve Question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Valve Question
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:57:53 -0800
Hi listers,

Got a bit of a snag with a heater valve that I purchased awhile back, with
other parts from a gent.  The valve is pretty, and adjusts easily.  Only
trouble is, the bits that are used to actually attach the cable weren't
included.  I didn't realize this until I went to connect the heater cable
today.  WHOOPS!

I've contacted the seller to see if he still has these bits, but so far, I'm
not optimistic.  So here's the question.  Are these parts available separately
from any vendor?  Or will I be stuck buying a new heater valve, to replace my
nice, shiny second-hand heater valve?  Specifically, I need the clamp bracket
that holds the cable sheath in place, and the piece that the inner wire fits
through and is then tightened down with.

If these bits are not available from the usual sources, if anyone could send
me a close-up shot of these heater valve bits, either alone or on an installed
valve, I'd appreciate it.  I can probably fabricate the clamp piece and pick
up the other bit at a bicycle shop if I'm lucky.  Much obliged!

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones", ETA January
2003!
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net