Re: Ballasted type coil resistance

To: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>,
Subject: Re: Ballasted type coil resistance
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:08:18 -0700
After sending this message, I say another one that proclaimed that a
ballasted coil has less resistance.  This caused me to think...
something that is rare for me!  :)

I think that the difference of opinion is a matter of semantics rather
than fact.  It would appear that the references to "Ballasted" coils is
referring to the ones that have an external ballast and the "Normal"
ones are in fact those that have internal ballast.  Among these are all
Lucas and Bosch blue coils, according to the Crane/Allison electronic
ignition instructions I have.

Therefore, it just could be that according to what one means by
"ballasted", both opinions could indeed be correct.  My definition of
"ballasted" coils are those with internal ballast and not requiring any
external resistance.

Regards,
Joe