Re: Accident

To: Phillip <metaz@knology.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accident
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:24:30 -0500
Phillip-
Actually, it doesn't look that bad- a decent shop could repair what is
there. Maybe not perfectly, but quite possibly very nicely. Tough part is
the headlight mounting area, but I think there might be pieces available to
section that in. Main thing is correcting the buckle- an experienced(read
old and used to doing that in the age before snap together cars)  could map
the mechanics of the dent, and start tapping away, returning it to what it
should look like. I have a guy like that nearby, but 1. I am in NJ, and 2.
He is ALWAYS busy...(I found similar damage on my Herald bonnet under 2" of
bondo when I was rebuilding! Headlamp and front area below it were waffled
back, and they just filled it in till it was where it should be!)

Anyway, you got off easy- could have had worse damage to you.

Scott

Suggestion to Spitfire owners- Mount one of those red triangle flags on the
fiberglass whip (like we used to have on our bikes) on the left rear corner
of your cars- might be noticed by the SUV set... Or not, if they're on the
phone, doing their makeup, drinking coffee or driving, or any of the other
thousand things they seem to combine with their drive time.(I claim the
ability to hold my soda, drive and shift in the Herald. I could eat, too, if
I had a cup holder- project 149)