Re: First time at machine shop

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: First time at machine shop
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 05:27:19 -0500
,>  I must say I am astonished. I thought the mark up on parts was a thing
of
> the past. Hell anyone can get parts from several places nowadays!!!!
>  Thats my rant.
> Larry
Larry, many ways to look at this and the 1st that comes to my mind is you do
not take your own box lunch to a banquet, the machine shop has every right
to make a profit on the parts, it is another story if he is unable to get
the parts and then asks you to be of help, also if you insist on all parts
coming from only one source, he can only stay in business by making a
profit, you will only have a machine shop in your town by doing business
with them otherwise they close and move on. You should have asked the shop
how much to do this job complete using all the parts he has to order and how
much using your parts, time is money and his employees are spending their
time ordering parts for your car so whom is the paymaster, you or the shop.
"FT"