Forwarded: Wiper Motor question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Wiper Motor question
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:36:52 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than spitfires@autox.team.net.

If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Keith A. Bay" <kabay@wi.rr.com>
     Subject: Wiper Motor question
     Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:34:15 -0600

I am doing some research for a project and need some confirmation (or
straighten me out if I am wrong) about the electrical connections to the
wiper motor on the various versions of the GT6.

I have a 1973 US Mk III GT6. All of the electrical wiring for the wiper
motor (four harness wires and the motor's ground wire) 'connects' to the
wiper motor via a 'modular' plug in the limiting switch module of the motor.
So assumption #1, right or wrong? ... "ALL (Domestic & export/US) Mk III GT6
wiper motors are this way"

In looking at the various manuals I have it appears that:

Assumption #2, the Mk II ( Non-US) / GT6 Plus (US) introduced in October,
1968, has the same arrangement. All of the electrical wiring for the wiper
motor (four harness wires and the motor's ground wire) 'connects' to the
wiper motor via a 'modular' plug in the limiting switch module of the motor.
Right or wrong?

Assumption #3, the Mk I (1966 through September, 1968) has an arrangement
where all of the electrical wiring for the wiper motor (three harness wires
and the motor's ground wire) 'connects' to the wiper motor via individual
connectors (spade or snap?) for each wire; i.e. each wire can be
disconnected from the motor individually. Right or wrong?

Please respond off-list to me at kabay@wi.rr.com as I don't think the
answers are important enough to tie up the list's bandswidth. If you could
either confirm or correct the assumptions below that relate to the model(s)
of the GT6 you own I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Keith A. Bay
Hartland, WI
'73 GT6 MkIII  #KF20729U

NASS - North American Spitfire (& GT6) Squadron
VTOW - Vintage Triumphs of Wisconsin