Re: Altermator light on dimly

To: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Altermator light on dimly
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:06:09 -0500
At 08:52 PM 11/10/02 -0500, you wrote:

>2)  I don't think it's "light bleed" from speedo illumination
>since it pulsates in time with the turn signals.

This type of interaction between different systems is often caused by
problems with grounding.  But grounding problems can be
devilishly difficult to track down. :-(

Also, you might want to measure the voltage across the bulb.
Then you can know in which direction the current is flowing.
If it is flowing from the alternator, thru the bulb, to the ignition circuit,
it suggests that there might be high resistance in the main output
line, and the current is "sneaking" through the lamp instead.

Doug Braun