RE: Bumper paint/coating question

To: Dave Willner <dwillner@icontech.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bumper paint/coating question
From: Daniel Parrott <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:09:50 -0500
Dave, I used the "Bumper and Trim" spray paint from Pep Boys.  I removed the
bumpers, buffed them down with brass wool, painted them with a coat of
primer and two coats of the Bumper and trim paint.  I've had to repeat the
final coat at least once a year, as the paint tends to crack and peel off at
the stress points (near the mounting bolts).  Next time, no primer.

PS.  My 80 Spit was Carmine red, once.

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga