Slot between starter and bellhousing - & update on car

To: Spit <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slot between starter and bellhousing - & update on car
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:28:57 -0100
Hi Listers,

Should there be a slot between the starter and the bellhousing? Its on
the side. The slot, as far as I can see is an open gap that goes right
in to the bellhousing etc

A little update on  my car.. well its still running, although its only
done about 50 miles since the swap - I live even closer to college
now...

The initial turn over is a little lumpy in the morning, rather than a
wah-wah-wah-wah-vrooom its a sort of
wahhh------wah--wahhhh-wah----wahhhhhh-wahhh-wah-wah-vroooom. I keep on
thinking the battery is dead, but it starts very quickly, just doesnt
turn over well to begin with.

Seems to warm up quite slowly, does hold idle until its nice and warm.

Finally its still a bit rough sounding - but it seems to pull perfectly
well.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit