Unusual Spitfire sighting...in print

To: nass@yahoogroups.com, spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Unusual Spitfire sighting...in print
From: "Kristi Richardson" <lytabyron@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 17:27:58 -0800
Well, we've all seen the posts about Spitfires in movies, tv shows, etc.
Imagine my surprise when reading a decidedly "girlie" novel by Nora Roberts
called True Betrayals when she mentions the car.

It was written in 1995 and I quote from page 5:

"She'd rushed out of her apartment without her coat, and had neglected to
turn on the heater in her Spitfire, but she didn't feel the chill of the
February evening."

So far that is the only mention of her car in the story, but I keep hoping
it will turn up again to save the day somehow!

Kristi