SU Identification

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Identification
From: Jdgar0649@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:21:48 EST
Group;
       Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later.  I have traded for 2
years on eBay without a hitch, now I gotta problem.  I have a set of SU's
that aren't near what they were described.  They were described as:
       "I have a set of SU carbs mounted on a MkIV Triumph/MG 1500cc engine
    intake. They are in unknown condition - I bought them with a guarantee
that they would work but I never needed to install them and thus they have
sat in a box for four years. They come with no warantee but they will
probably work fine."
       Well, sure fits the description for a pair of HS4's.  I received two
carbs without manifold with big square flanges and I think they are HIF, they
have jets like the HS4s, they are 1 1/2 in diameter.  The fuel bowls are
angled at about 30o.  Does anyone have an inkling as to what these are or
where I could find out.  I have contacted seller and am confident of
resolving this thru Square Deal.  If I don't, I would like to find out what I
have so I can sell them to someone that can use them.  If this is not
resolved with seller, I will leave (-) feedback and make his name available
to anone who wants to know.
Ouch, burned a bit
Joe Garrison
Edmond, OK