Re: Engine Swap Update: She's alive! - invincible

To: "Dan Canaan" <flinters@picarefy.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swap Update: She's alive! - invincible
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:44:34 +0100
Dan,

At times during this, Ive felt quite depressed, but once I heard that engine
roar suddenly it all made sense why I was doing this (ok, its quite obvious,
I want my car back, but at times I got quite disillusioned)

My favourite moment was of course the engine starting - after not much
effort (in terms of fiddling with things - I didnt forget to put anything
back - which amazed me) - but I just loved the sense of pace as everything
went back together. Just one thing after the other, no real problems, just
getting on with the job, alternator, radiator, coolant hoses etc etc It just
all went on, no problems - as I'd already taken them all off.

Then the feeling of having checked everything is back in place, and deciding
that its time to turn the key.... wonderful.

Oh, Ive just thought of something, Ive got to put all the interior trim
back.... hmmm... and fit the new exhaust parts... but I sort of feel like I
know what Im doing now - with any maintenance job... how long am I going to
keep this pretense up to the list that I don't know what Im doing?... How
long until I am the one giving tips and help to other listers.... no
laughing at the back!... Ive touched nearly every part of my car in the last
year... Ive already ordered some new rear shocks and some kevlar brake
pads - I don't feel at all worried about attacking either of these jobs -
despite never having done them before.

I have an air of invincibility (probably unjustified...) - and you know
what? - I quite like it up here....

Bring on the next job........

James