trunnion bushing

To: "spitfire maillist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: trunnion bushing
From: "Jack" <jkagy@bpsom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:13:21 -0400
Hoping to pick someone's brain who has replaced the trunnion bushings.  I'm
about to tackle that.  I've got the parts and have sort of "dry fit" them on
the kitchen table.  I am concerned about exactly what to do w/ the rubber
seals.  The Haynes manual just says "fit them."  Are they to be fit around the
flange of the nylon bushings or what?
I'm also puzzled because I expected there to be a hunk of rubber w/ this
stuff...something that fits inside the trunnion housing and around the
trunnion bolt.  The manual seems to say that this area is just filled w/
grease.  Is that right?

JAK
76 1500.