Re: spitfires-digest V1 #1442

To: spitfires-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spitfires-digest V1 #1442
From: "L.R.Cooper" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:20:16 -0700
>Paul,
>
>My (UK, if that makes a difference) '78 1500 has what I think was the
>Moto-Lita wheel - leather rim, shiny metal spokes, but in the centre a hard
>plastic disk with an 'L' Leyland logo in the middle - no horn push, being a
>'78 the horn is on the column stalk.  Is this what you are talking about?
>Let me know if you get a photo and I'll confirm if it's the same as mine.
>
>Nice one; this is hard to come by.   It was fitted for a very short
>period of time to late '77 and early '78 cars.   It took me the best
>part of a year to find one to replace the awful Mountney thing the DPO
>had fitted to my car.
>
>ATB
>- --
>Mike

Yes, this is the wheel the that Nigel (Feb. 1978) has-and I've never been
to a show yet when someone hasn't tried to buy it from me!
As far as I know, it's the original wheel. In fact, both my '77s had the
very same wheel. I don't remember what months they were built but I know
for sure that the first one had the original wheel as I was only the second
owner and they had never done a single thing to the car in the 7 years they
owned it.

As to the dash plaque-Nigel's only goes up to '73. In fact, I don't think
that I've ever seen one that went up to '78. (Except in photos)

Paul-on the web site, you say that product she used is shown in the bottom
photo-but am I missing something? I don't see it. What is this miracle cleaner?

Laura G. and "Nigel"