A Newby to the List

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Newby to the List
From: "Geoff Heyland" <gheyland@odyssey.on.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:09:23 -0500
Hello all - I'm returning to the Spit fold after almost 30 years absence, and
it's to the same car I left 30 years ago.  I bought a 66 MkII in 1973, drove
it for a few years and sold it to my brother.  We did a frame off
"restoration" (we were 19 and 17 - what can I say) and he drove it until 1985,
when it went into the back of his garage.  I bought it back a month ago, and
have had trouble getting the little red beast out of my mind ever since.

I'm working out a plan of attack to get it re-started - the body is in fine
shape, with very little rust and solid floor panels, etc., but the engine
hasn't been started for years (he did turn it over, so it isn't seized)

I have one little body problem though.  I can't for the life of me figure out
how to remove the door window glass!  The Hayne's Manual doesn't help here.
I've got the door off and sitting on a workbench, all the interior panel and
fittings removed, but I can't see how to release the window and slide it out.
( I want to get the glass out so I can work out one small dent where my nephew
banged his bicyle at some point).

Anyone have a solution/suggestion for me?

Geoff Heyland
London, Ontario, Canada