Engine Swap Update

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Swap Update
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:53:53 +0100
Hi Listers,

An update on the engine swap for you all.

Well, the car is now in place and Ive started taking everything apart. Carbs
are off, wires disconnected, coolant drained (very brown and rusty colour),
exhaust downpipe disconnected, interior partly taken apart (just the centre
part that has to come off - couldn't figure where the bolts are for the top) -
hey - one thing about my car, it has a wonderful floor! Must have been new.

So, its started. Now there is no going back, so now just got to wait for
tomorrow morning to go and see the engine, go get the hired engine hoist....

One thing I did find, by accident, is an "old school" engine reconditioners
place about 1/2 a mile from home! A nice and local place to get my machine
work done.

James