Spitfire related insomnia and other related thoughts

To: Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire related insomnia and other related thoughts
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:17:28 +0100
Well, am I missing my car or what...

I thought getting the bus would be my biggest problem... but I havent
had a proper nights sleep for the last 5 nights.

The time is now set and Im going to see the engine on Saturday morning.

He's going to chuck in all the extras (exhaust manifold, alternator,
starter motor etc etc)

Im going to get to hear the engine running. If I find that this engine
is a load of rubbish - he also has a Dolly engine - which as far as I
know is out of the same car as the gearbox (a 50,000 miler) - although I
don't get to hear this running. So Im not sure what I'll do with that -
I guess if the Spit engine is bad then I may as well go with the Dolly
one. I guess seeing the engine running is a luxury anyway.

However, I remember that there is a difference with the Dolly and Spit
engine, but can't remember what it is.... something to do with springs?

Also, the gearbox is out of a Dolomite too - so will this go straight on
to the Spit engine?

James