First Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey Reliability Run

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: First Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey Reliability Run
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 11:33:55 -0400
Ok Everyone in NJ, eastern PA, I've been hearing about the "Round Britain
Reliability Run" for some weeks now, as well as almost hourly updates, and I
think that we colonials, in support of our brothers in cars across the sea,
should do something in support of their efforts.

Therefore, I propose the following; The First "Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey
Reliability Run" to be held tomorrow, as the weather is supposed to cooperate.
Due to short notice, and even shorter route, the run will be substantially
shorter in duration than theirs, but fun none the less.

My proposed route is meet at 8 or 9 am in Cherry Hill, follow Washington's
Route to Monmouth(Cty. Rte. 537/Marne Highway/Monmouth Road) for mid morning
snack, and vehicle check. Proceeding then down St. Rte. 9 to Atlantic city for
lunch, then in to Vineland/Milleville (Have to look up the route number there)
for the early afternoon snack and vehicle check. Follow the Delsea Drive up to
I-295 to I-676 and stop at the Battleship New Jersey, then back to Cherry Hill
where we disperse. (Alternate to Delsea Drive is Rte. 49 to Salem, then St. Rte
130 north to Rte. 30, to the Battleship in Camden)

I expect we would want a minimum of 5 cars for this get together, as we would
at least be noticed this way... I know it is short notice, but good weekends
are getting somewhat scarce, and I don't think there's anything else on for
this weekend, at least locally.

Figure requirements to be- LBC of older vintage(40's? to early 80's?) gas
money, food money, clothing as appropriate, plus a jacket and blanket in the
boot if desired, AAA card(if a member- Friend with a AAA card if not)
Preferably a team mate to take driving duties if so inclined. Spares as thought
necessary (Points, plugs, condenser, cap rotor, fuel pump, engine, bonnet, you
all know what you like to pack along!) Each car should have a fire extinguisher
and small first aid kit, as well as its own tool kit and jack + spare. Camera &
Film, or digit(for those using digital cameras)

Again, short notice, but maybe we could have some fun tomorrow, instead of the
tasks we've already put down to do... Let's play hooky to support the LBC crowd!

If you can pass this along to other LBC lists, feel free to do so- maybe we can
get a quorum together tomorrow...

Anybody interested, and planning to attend this spur of the moment event,
please contact me immediately off list, and I will reply to all this evening as
to start location and time.Be sure to include where you're coming from, and a
phone number I can reach you at. Last chance this season to go and run the
engine right!

(In case anybody cares, as this is a thrown together event, there will be no
prizes awarded. Just getting back with the car in one piece should be reward
enough! Least it is for me... ;)  Maybe next year, should this one come off.)

Ultimate Sunday Ride!
Why not give it a shot?

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible