Advice needed on windscreen surround installation

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Advice needed on windscreen surround installation
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:36:17 -0700
Hello all.  I failed in my first attempt to get the windshield surround
reunited with the tub this morning and wonder if anyone can impart some useful
advice.  What's the trick?

I installed the lower seal to the windscreen frame first, using some silicone
windshield adhesive, then attempted to slide the posts into their sockets.  I
got the lower edge of the windscreen frame within a inch or so of the deck,
but couldn't get the surround to drop down any further from there.  The
threads are not yet protruding from the end of the tubes to assist with
tightening things down any further.

As I understand it, the rear edge of the lower seal should be over the back
edge of the crash pad.  Is this correct?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jeff