Re: Is this wear normal?

To: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Is this wear normal?
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 00:09:08 -0400
Those shiny parts are not wear, they're the machining done in the factory.

The bearing inner races are meant to creep slowly around the stub axle (to
equalize the wear).  So in theory the stub axle can get worn, but it
would be an obvious worn/grooved/scored area right under the bearings.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit