SU HIF6 carb

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SU HIF6 carb
From: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:28:27 -0400
Hi,

I'm going to post this on e-bay next week, but I thought I'd let the
list have first crack at it.  I have a rebuilt HIF 6 carb for sale.  It
has new gaskets a new spring, new jet and a new bowl cover.  I have 2 or
3 needles that go with it.  It is very clean.  I currently have one on
my Spit and it definitely gives better power and acceleration.  Mine is
mounted on a late model manifold that has been modified, by milling the
inlet to 1.75 inch and drilling two new stud holes.  It takes about 10
minutes to switch back to the stock ZS if I need to.  That said, this
carb has most of the connections on the wrong side, although I think the
fuel inlet is on the correct side and the vacuum advance connects with
no problem.  It has the linkage set to operate on the right side
(towards the front of the car) and the hose from the valve cover is
awkwardly placed.  I used this carb for about a week on my car and it
works fine.  I wanted to keep all my emissions equipment intact so I
found a carb that had the connections nearly identical to the ZS.  If
anyone is interested in an alternative to a weber for their Spit or
Mini, drop me a line.  I'll be glad to let you know what needle and
spring worked best for me.  I'm asking $75.00 plus shipping from 27312
and I can send pictures

Thanks,
Glenn Trunnell