Re: Distributor wiring

To: bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Distributor wiring
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:45:42 -0400 (EDT)
I don't know which wiring diascratches you are looking at, but the
MkIV/1500 schematics show either a resistor wire or a resistor, not
both.  You should be able to measure the primary resistance of the
coil and use a resistor of the "same" resistance.  Alternatively, pick
up any resistor for an ignition coil and you will probably be pretty
close to the right value.  AFAIK, they vary from 3.0 to 4.2 ohms.

$10 to $12/ohm is OUTRAGEOUS!

HTH,
Donald.