Re: Passenger side door saftey catch

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Passenger side door saftey catch
From: "Bob Van-Kempen" <bobvankempen@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:25:58 +1000
Many thanks to all who provided me with advice on finding a passenger door
safety catch (includng Dave from Canley Classics who spent the time to try
and find one and Ted Schumacher who offered secondhand items (Ted, if the
one I've just found doesn't work out I'll get back to you!)).

But particular thanks to Chris Sharp who gave me the tip that the Bugeye
Sprites used a similar arrangement. Called my local MG shop yesterday and
sure enough they had a good secondhand one, which I've had put aside until I
get the chance to get over there.

I wish this list was around 17 years ago - would have made owning my last
Spitfire a lot easier!

Bob Van-Kempen
Brisbane, Australia
1963 Spitfire 4 "Genevieve"