Turn signal cancelling tab

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Turn signal cancelling tab
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 05:02:46 -0700
I am installing the steering column on the Spitfire, but I foolishly didn't
mark where the turn signal cancelling tab should be pointing when at the
straight ahead position!
Can any body tell me where this should be located?  When looking at the
"tab" while sitting in the car should it be straight down, up, right, left,
or somewhere else?  Right now its straight down, (where the steering lock
puts it) but that doesn't seem right - I'm thinking it should be left
(right in between the switch) but before I change it I want to make sure -
bschwart@pacbell.net