It's sunny and I have driven my spitfire!

To: Spitfire Enthusiast <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: It's sunny and I have driven my spitfire!
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
I picked her up from the garage and took her for a quick spin to check
that all is well, and she goes great!  What a feeling that I have missed
for so long!  A beautiful hot day, the wind in my hair, top down, BIG
grin on my face, hum of the engine, fantastic!

Apparently the cooling system was very clogged up with rusty gunk, but
has now been cleaned out completely and the radiator has been reverse
flushed(whatever that means?).  The engine got up to temperature quickly
and sat bang in the middle of the guage, right where it should be.

But, and there's always a but!  My speedo has decided to stop working!  I
guess I'll have to have a fiddle behind the guage to get it to work
again, does seem odd though that it has decided not to work just after a
long lay off.

When I got back I open the bonnet and there was water sprayed about the
engine.  At first I thought it was the water pump housing gasket, but on
closer inspection I noticed that I had neglected to do up the jubilee
clip on the top hose, doh!

I then ran a compression check on the engine, here are the results:

1. 120
2. 125
3. 145
4. 145

I noticed that if I didn't hold down the throttle the results were about
20psi lower.  What do you lot make of them?

cheers
John
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com