Re: GT6 Mk2 versus Mk3

To: mgraham@achilles.net
Subject: Re: GT6 Mk2 versus Mk3
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:21:57 -0400
The doors will fit, but you will need a different windscreen.
You should be able to find most of the trim parts you need from
Spitfires.  It will be an obvious "Frankenstein" vehicle when
you are finished, kind of a Mk 2 1/2, but it can be done.  Make
sure the Mk 3 tub has shock absorber mounts in the rear fender
wells, the later ones didn't have Rotoflex and might
not have the mounts your Plus has.  The resulting car will drive
concours judges bonkers trying to figure out what it is.
Dave

From: Michael Graham <mgraham@achilles.net>
Subject: GT6 Mk2 versus Mk3

Hi all

I am currently restoring a 70 GT6+ that needs major reconstruction of the
body tub. I have just been offered a Mk3 body tub that has absolutely no
rust anywhere. My question relates to what other parts I would need to use
this body shell. My limited research to date suggests: rear bumpers, rear
lights, side vents, gas tank and filler. I believe that the rear hatch will
fit, the doors and all glass, as well as all of the interior pieces ... is
that correct? Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome ... I know it
won't be original, but I'm not overly concerned with that, I just want to
have a solid, reliable driver to share space in the garage with my TR6 .

Cheers, Mike Graham
73 TR6