Re: Transmission and overdrive from a 79 (oops, 80) Spitfire

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: Transmission and overdrive from a 79 (oops, 80) Spitfire
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:29:44 -0700
Fred,

Not to disagree, but I've never seen a professionally rebuilt overdrive unit
alone sell for $400, let alone one attached to a transmission.  If you have a
source that offers rebuilt, guaranteed transmissions with rebuilt O/D units
attached for $600, please share the info!

While I'm at it folks, a public thank you to Fred who offered to powdercoat
several items for me at a very reasonable (cheap!) cost.  I ended up being
able to have them done locally for the same amount, so I took a pass on Fred's
very generous offer to avoid the shipping costs, but would like to thank Fred
in front of the list for making the offer just the same.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net