Transmission up-date

To: "Spitfire Bulletin Board (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission up-date
From: "St.John, Kenneth" <ken.stjohn@hexcel.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:20:14 -0700
Thanks everyone for all of the help that I've received so far.  It has saved
me a lot of grief and helped me make a few decisions.  Here's where I am so
far.

I have ordered the pars I need.
My son has volunteered to help get the unit out - we will leave the engine
in.

Once out I'll have the flywheel resurfaced.

I have ordered a clutch kit.  I've done clutches before so I'm not worried
here.

I have ordered an gearbox overhaul kit.  This is where it's a bit scary, but
I decided that there was substantial savings to be had doing my own overhaul
and that's partly why bought the Spit - to be able to do this kind of stuff.

For now, since the weather is so nice, I'm driving a 3-speed.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again

Ken St.John
'74 Spitfire 1500 "Lil Red"