Re: Engine rattle

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: Engine rattle
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:14:32 -0600
Set points to 37 thou ( as I have the 40kv coil), timing about 12
degrees before (maybe it should be more if I am still pinking ), used a
unisyn to set the airflow and a colourtune to set the mixture. I was
getting around 27 mpg on the local runs, hoping for nearer 30 on the
trip. Most of it was cruising at about 60 mph in 4th with overdrive,
except for those big nasty hills (i.e mountains).

Can anyone describe the sound of pinking ( or pinging as I belive it is
called over here in the US)

Alan