RE: 78 Spit clutch issue

To: "'Matt Van Benschoten'" <mvb@voyager.net>,
Subject: RE: 78 Spit clutch issue
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:31:47 +0100
Matt,

I had exactly this problem once.  It turned out that one of the little
springs in the clutch plate had broken, and a few of the bits had jammed
themselves between the two faces of the clutch so that it was permanently
engaged.

As John said this could be one of several things, but they will all involve
you pulling and inspecting the clutch (and probably replacing it).

If you haven't pulled your gearbox before, check out my step-by-step guide
at http://www.totallytriumph.net/dcforum/DCForumID45/35.shtml

Good luck!

Richard

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email