RE: Concourse condition

To: "'Bradley D Richardson'" <bradrichardson@juno.com>,
Subject: RE: Concourse condition
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:48:18 +0100
I would take it to mean "of a good enough standard to enter a concours
competition".

Obviously this is still pretty subjective, I could enter Daffy into a
concours competition, but I'd be unlikely to win even if I was the only
entry!  And then there are some differences between your small local club
competition, and Pebble Beach.

About the only thing it should guarantee is that the vehicle is to factory
specification (no aftermarket steering wheels, engine modifications, special
seats etc.), as such things are not allowed in concours if I understand
right (never been that interested in such things).

However, something so described I would expect to be visibly near perfect -
good paintwork not noticeably faded, no rust at all (at least not anywhere
it is easily visible), interior in good condition, not torn, stained, faded
etc., engine bay clean and shiny.  I wouldn't expect the description to mean
anything at all for mechanical reliability - concours competition cars
aren't judged on their ability to move!

As with most descriptions of cars (particularly for sale), it implies plenty
while guaranteeing nothing!!

Richard & Daffy (as far from concours as you can get!)

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email