Re: PRI & Cam Lobe Wear

To: "Larry Elswick" <sos@kymtnnet.org>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: PRI & Cam Lobe Wear
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:18:59 -0700
He heard about it from me, because I'm looking for cams and asked him why you
were having this problem.  You should have called Chris from the get-go...
Apparently, he's putting his cams through a ion nitride process (don't ask,
because I have no idea what it means) to improve the hardness of his cams
after a grind.

I'm hearing many conflicting opinions on the grind profile for these cams.  I
obviously have more research to do before making a decision...

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project and a '70 GT6+ "Accidental" restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net