Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Wheel colour - Spitfire 4 - postscript

To: "Herald List" <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Wheel colour - Spitfire 4 - postscript
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 21:02:42 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Suzie <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>

> From another question I received, and John Thomason's Guide to Originality
> I've also been researching the types of wheels confirming that from the
> beginning Spitfires were fitted with wide slot wheels, these changing during
> the production of the MkII to narrow slots and continuing with those through
> till the end of the MkIIIs.

I will add that very early Mk1 Spitfires were fitted with the Heavy Duty 3.5"
Big Slot wheel, as used on the Courier Van and 1200 Estate until mid 1962.
Sorry I don't have a change point to hand, I don't know if the parts list
details this as it does for the Heralds,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics