dashpot problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: dashpot problem
From: Lwestgaph@cs.com
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:26:12 EDT
Hi guys

recently had a problem with the engine misfiring on my gt6 found out that it
was because  one of the carb pistons had stuck due to low oil- so the carb
was not mixing which lead to soot on the plugs. so i freed up the piston and
put some oil in the dashpot and replaced the plugs, and the car has been
running fine. but then the other carb was running low on oil so i topped that
up and now the other is running low. any ideas? do i need to get my carbs
tuned? can i buy an off the shelf purpose oil for carbs? if not what is the
easiest way to mix engine oil to the correct viscosity for the carbs, been
advised to mix wd40 with a 15w40 is this correct?

thanks