Engine finally running

To: "spitfires@autox" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Engine finally running
From: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:04:39 -0400
Hi spitters,
hello friends,

Here is some good news to share with you.
We finally, after spending just about every free minute of our time
rebuilding, restoring, and breathing new life into the Firefly, fired up
the engine on my 67 Spit. The engine had been sitting unused for at
least 20 years.

After some minor problems she turned over, fired up, spitting and
coughing, and decided she was going to run for us. She stuttered a
little on the rough side, but with some adjusting of the carbs, finally
settled into running not too badly. This moment made our heart rate rise
just a little faster than normal.

We still have to fine tune the timing, and the SU carbs don't seem to be
synchronized at this point. We're still adjusting those.

We also have a problem with the EC valve. I seems to be sucking in too
much air through the valve.
If the list has any comment on this, it would be appreciated.

Next project? Para gliding!!!!
Liv
CCC