Re: horn problems 3

To: Lwestgaph@cs.com
Subject: Re: horn problems 3
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:20:07 -0700
Since that fuse is tied into a number of other circuits, it is possible that it
has nothing to do with the horn at all.  I would check the schematic
for the particular year of your car to see what other things are being
protected by that fuse.

When You do, start by unplugging all the circuits except one and see if the
fuse still blows.  If it does not, plug in another circuit and check the
results.  Continue until the fuse then blows.  Once you have determined which
circuit is at fault, unplug all the other circuits except that one and
see if it continues to blow.  If it does, trace the wire from the fuse to the
particular component.  It is likely shorting out somewhere along the
way.  If the wiring is good, the component itself might be bad or shorting
internally.

Joe