Re: head thickness...

To: mayer49@netscape.net
Subject: Re: head thickness...
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:37:31 -0700
Dave,
The 1500 head is about 5/8" from the combustion chamber to the deck.

The 1296 head is only about 3/8".  In other words, you'd have to shave about a
quarter inch off a 1500 head to create the same compression as a 1300
head.

Measure first, though to see if the head has previously been shaved.  It is
much easier to take a little more off than add metal back on!

Joe