Re: Interchangable heads

To: mayer49@netscape.net
Subject: Re: Interchangable heads
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:24:49 -0700
mayer49@netscape.net wrote:

> Hello y'all.
>   I checked the archives and couldn't find anything on this so i will ask.
>   What is the difference (if any?) between a 1296 head and a 1500 head?
>Could the 1500 head be used in place of a 1296?  I can't really see any
>differences other than maybe thicknes?
>   Thanks in advance for any sort of advice or suggestions.
>
> Dave,

Dave,
The main difference is the thickness.  The 1296 heads are much thinner and
therefore if used on a 1500 will have a much higher compression ratio.
(Too high in most cases)!

Of course, there are other differences as well, like the size of the valves.
Those things vary even among 1500 heads, as did things like the presence
or absence of air rail ports.

Joe