Re: Window Winder pins removal

To: "'andrer@mac.com'" <andrer@mac.com>,
Subject: Re: Window Winder pins removal
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 15:50:52 -0500
Hi all,

I just did this task last Sunday and forgot to respond. I had bought a panel
removal tool for my truck, you know the kind, it looks like a screwdriver
with a forked tip. You are supposed to use it to put around the panel pins
to pull them out of the door.

Well, I thought this was going to be one of those buy and use once tools in
the toolbox. :-) Like we all don't have those.

It proved to be invaluable for pulling the spit door apart, especially the
window winder. Just use it to pry the plastic ring back and I used a long
1/16" allen key and it all came apart in about 10 seconds.  Putting it back
together was the same way but used needle nosed pliers the put the pin in.

It also helped with the panel pins so I didn't destroy the panel.

Just 2cents
David A. Templeton
'74 Spitfire - drivers door now works
'59 TR3a