GT6 MkI header needed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 MkI header needed
From: Jim and Tami Catherwood <cgcgz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:09:37 -0600
I have a question regarding oil for the SU carbs.  What oil is suitable for
these carbs.  I live in Calgary and thus the driving temperatures will vary
from 0C to ~ 35C.  The car is now equipped with twin 1 1/4 carbs.  This is the
last item I need to address before start up.  A winter of toil is almost over.
Every bolt (well almost) has been removed, revitalized and/or replaced and
reassembled.  The motor has been replaced and rebuilt.  I still have a few
things on the interior left before the driving begins but given the hold Old
Man Winter has on us I think I may have a few days before the driving can
begin.  This will be the first time this car has moved in 10 years.  The motor
took early retirement 10 years ago.

1978 Spitfire Body
1973 Motor

Have a Most Excellent Day