RE: pull-off spring

To: Péter BónaNuYQ ==
Subject: RE: pull-off spring
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:54:07 -0500
On my MK IV at least, the slave cylinder spring is actually a "push-on"
spring.  It appears that the throw-out bearing is always
lightly touching the finger springs of the pressure plate.
This allows the clutch to be self-adjusting.
The downside is that the finger springs tend to get grooves
worn in them from the constant friction.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit