RE: Free Square Tail body in Maryland

To: Nolan <foxtrapper@softhome.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Free Square Tail body in Maryland
From: Daniel Parrott <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:22:51 -0500
This post has prompted me to ask another question.  At the British Car Show
in Charleston, SC, I saw a MGB towing the rear half of another MGB (from the
B-post back), as a storage trailer.  It was painted to match, and looked
great.

My question is has anyone ever done this for a Spit?  I have a square tail
1980, and I imagine that it would be a feat to attach a trailer hitch to my
Spit, especially with the closed-space Monza exhausts.   Maybe a removable
hitch bar would work, attaching to the rear portion of the frame.

Imagine the extra storage for long trips, extra gas if the trailer's gas
tank is hooked in, and of course, the extra weight!  Has anybody ever
started such a project?