Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Spitfire MkI Commission Plates

To: <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Spitfire MkI Commission Plates
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:39:00 -0700
I have one of these on my 64.  What exactly do you need?
MikeC

>     Some of you will already know that I am producing replica commission
plates for various Triumphs. I am now seeking (amongst others) a pattern
from which to produce replicas of the early MkI Spitfire Commission plate -
this is the type with the wording "TRIUMPH SPORTS. TYPE - SPITFIRE" on the
top line of the plate, fitted to the first Spitfires through to late 1963 or
1964 (anyone care to clarify when the generic plate was introduced on
Spitfires?). Can any list member help with this?
>     I will be happy to offer the first replica plate free of charge to
anyone who can supply me with a pattern,