The "Spit-ota" project.... watch out S2000 (or not) :)

To: <mayer49@netscape.net>
Subject: The "Spit-ota" project.... watch out S2000 (or not) :)
From: "Brian Furgalus" <bf252201@ohio.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:27:28 -0500
Dave,

Well, there is a very specific range of engine and car that needs to be
"harvested".  The engine and 5-speed from a *1985-1987* RWD (before
Toyota sold out to FWD) Toyota Corolla GT-S will do nicely, but be sure
to snag all of the EFI componentry (ECU, harness, etc).  The easiest way
to wire that sucker up would probably be a custom engine harness with
the appropriate takeoffs to interface to the stock system.

Yes, the idea is immensely appealing.  With the addition of a
Datsun/Subaru rear-end, the Spit's driveline would be more reliable and
durable than my daily driver (1998 Ford Contour)!

Here's a list of all the websites I've found so far with info pertaining
to this very conversion:

http://members.aol.com/danmas/spittoy.htm -My Inspiration

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/phil.bradshaw/Index.htm -EXCELENT
RESOURCE

http://www2.msstate.edu/~sgn1/MR2/4age.htm -Bit of background info.

http://www.team.net/www/mg/tech/midget/engswapa.html -From the enemy,
and with a different engine, but concepts are broadly similar.

Oh the possibilities...

Brian