Re: Decals, and boot boards

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Decals, and boot boards
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 09:59:39 +0100
In article <151.b705b0a.29d78874@aol.com>, MKCASPIAN1@aol.com writes
>Hello listers,
>Just a couple of questions.  How do the decals on the bonnet and boot go on?
>We have a repainted 78 white spitfire, and have ordered the black 1500
>decals.  Is there a special way the attach so that they don't wash off in the
>rain?  Any advice would be appreciated.

The glue that is on the decal is so effective that the only way to get
the decals off again will be with an angle grinder.   Just make sure
that the surface to which you are attaching them is clean, dry, and free
from grease.

>We also ordered the fiberboard piece that goes in the boot up against the
>petrol tank.  How does this attach?

(From memory) There are a couple or three screws that hold the top edge
against the body.   The boot light also attaches with just two screws.

>How do the hub cap stickers attach?  Do they just stick on?

I really don't know - but I should think so.

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"