(no subject)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:20:57 EST
Well Bill,
If you look in your Spit manual you will see that under the heading Torque
Wrench Settings it states that Cylinder Head Bolts have a torque setting of
42 - 46 lb/ft.
I do hope that these are what you are referring to as head studs, otherwise I
have egg on my face. But never mind eh. As for the groove it is as you say, a
channel cut into the bolt to stop the thread from seizing up when it
encounters some oil crud or whatever. Oh and Bill, if you havent got the
torque wrench settings let me know and i will copy them all out for you ok.

Happy Spitting................John