oil pressure light

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pressure light
From: "The Shop" <WFO@bak.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:47:37 -0800
 Hi,
 I can't help with your problem but my oil light didn't work at all so for
 $15 I bought and installed an oil pressure gauge last night. Took about an
 hour to do and when I cranked her up I found 50 #s oil pressure at idle.
Now
 that made me feel real good about my new Spit.
 I hope you have as good luck.
 Jon

 Slightly more worrying was that at 1200rpm the oil warning light
 flickers, and at 1000rpm and below it stays on permanently.  This does
 not sound like a good thing to me.  Any thoughts on what this could be?
 Could a low oil viscosity cause this?  I am not sure what grade of oil
 the garage used.