Re: CV Boot Replacement

To: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@softhome.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: CV Boot Replacement
From: "Dave G." <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:12:38 -0500
        I just replaced the whole axle half on my daughters 1990 shadow for
about 85 bucks. It's not as hard as it looks. Splines into the tranny and
slips into the outer works with a single nut. I read somewhere that these
replacements are actually better than original because of the advances in
technology. My opinion is...don't waste your time on a CV boot,change the
whole halfshaft. YMMV!!!!!!!

            Dave