Re: VTR2002

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <heavensbats@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: VTR2002
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <laura.g@141.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:39:17 -0700
>I am happy to see that Minnesota Triumphs has volunteered to
>host the 2002 convention.  However, I noticed that the
>featured model is the TR4, 2002 being the 40th anniversary
>of its introduction.  Excuse me, but wasn't the Spitfire
>also introduced in 1962?
>Thanks,
>Jen

Well, according to Graham Robson in his "Triumph Cars, the
Complete Story", the TR4 came out in 1961. However, 2002 is the
50th anniversary of the TR2-the proto-type having made it's debut
at Earl's Court. Yes, Spitfires did come out in 1962, but you know
how it is-we get no respect! ;-P

HTH,

Laura G.